Why is it so hard to get an answer to the question that I asked in #bash ?
- #bash aphorism #1 "The questioner's first description of the problem/question will be misleading."
- corollary 1.1 "The questioner's second description of the problem/question will also be misleading"
- corollary 1.2 "The questioner is never precise" ex: will say "print the file" when they mean print the file's name, rather than printing the file itself."
- #bash aphorism #2, "The questioner will keep changing their original question until it drives the helpers in the channel insane."
- #bash aphorism #3, "The data is never formatted in the way that makes it easiest to manipulate :-)"
- #bash aphorism #4, "30 to 40 percent of the conversations in #bash will be about aphorisms #1 and #2"